New Glass Expansion D-Torch for the PerkinElmer AVIO 200 ICP-OES
The new D-Torch for the PerkinElmer AVIO 200 is a direct replacement for the standard PerkinElmer torch. It incorporates the same easy to use, self-aligning feature of the PerkinElmer AVIO 200 torch. The D-Torch is designed to reduce running costs associated with torch wear when analyzing challenging sample such as organic solvents, fusions and samples containing high total dissolved solids (TDS) or hydrofluoric acid (HF).
The revolutionary D-Torch design uses Glass Expansions high precision engineering capabilities to provide a demountable torch without sacrificing performance or usability. The Glass Expansion D-Torch incorporates an alumina intermediate tube, a demountable injector and outer tube. It is no longer necessary to have multiple torches in your lab, as a single D-Torch with the right alumina, quartz or sapphire injector and appropriate internal diameter can be used for any application from drinking waters through to organics, high TDS or even HF containing solutions. The replaceable outer tube is much more economical to replace than having to replace the complex quartz assembly of the standard AVIO torch. Furthermore, when analyzing really difficult sample types, the quartz outer tube can devitrify in a few hours of operation, whilst the optional ceramic outer tube can last years under the same conditions.
The major benefits of the D-Torch are:
- An alumina intermediate tube which resists wear and is tolerant to high temperatures.
- A low cost demountable quartz outer tube so just the outer tube can be replaced when worn or damaged.
- An optional ceramic outer tube which does not devitrify like quartz, giving a much longer lifetime and significantly lower running costs.
- Interchangeable injectors with a choice of internal diameters and materials such as quartz, alumina, and sapphire are available for a wide range of applications and sample types.
- O-ring free torch body for simplified maintenance and improved reliability
- Compatible with all commonly used spray chambers