Figure 6. SRBR of NCPN with Scott-type and CrossFlow with Scotttype relative to DuraMist and
PTFE Twister (relative SRBR = 1)
NCPN Scott CrossFlow Scott
Figure 7. Precision (%RSD) comparison of NCPN with Scott-type CrossFlow with Scott-type and
DuraMist with PTFE Twister
DuraMist PTFE Twister NCPN Scott CrossFlow Scott
A comparative evaluation of a Glass Expansion sample introduction
system consisting of the DuraMist DC nebulizer coupled with the
Twister PTFE spray chamber against the NCPN and CrossFlow
nebulizers coupled with a PPS Scott-type spray chamber indicates
that the Glass Expansion sample introduction system yields the best
sensitivity, SRBR and precision.
1. Glass Expansion Newsletter, February 2006, Improving the
Performance of ICP Spectrometers.
2. Glass Expansion Newsletter, October 2014, ICP Spray Chamber
3. Glass Expansion Newsletter, October 2011, Evaluation of a New
High Performance Inert Nebulizer.
1. Thank you for your great products! Every day when I run the
Arcos with the TFE spray chamber, the ceramic D-torch and
DuraMist nebulizer, I say Thanks, GE!
Chemical supplier - USA
2. The Duramist Nebulizer performs very well. The Si background
is as low as they have ever seen, and the stability of the
Duramist has proven excellent.
ICP company - USA
3. Not all ceramic injectors are the same. Some of them are
completely unacceptable for measuring Si in HF solutions.
We had a lot of trouble with them until we tried one from Glass
University - USA
4. I just replaced my HF spray chamber with yours and used it with
your OpalMist nebulizer. I am now getting twice the signal as
before and my nebulizer no longer clogs.
QC laboratory - USA
www.geicp.com Glass Expansion Newsletter | Issue 46 4